Marketing and Public Relations Intern (Unpaid)
The Esther Coalition, Inc. is a faith based advocacy and empowerment organization with the sole purpose of educating and empowering young women and children with severe disabilities to live holistically. We are launching three new community wide initiatives for FY 2012 to 2015. We provide advocacy and supportive services under the MemeBear Cares Initiative, Strengthening Young Mothers Initiative and Sista to Sista: Let’s Talk! Initiative.
MeMeBear Cares will provide financial support and advocacy for single parents who care for a child with some range of Trisomy 18 (birth to 18 years old) throughout Michigan.
Strengthening Young Mothers will create permanent supportive housing for single mothers and their child with severe multiple impairment to live in community with supportive services (i.e. coordinated health services, career development & training, transportation).
Sista to Sista: Let’s Talk is a support group for single moms who are experiencing grief/loss from birthing a child with severe multiple impairments or the death of a child, loss of “normal lifestyle”, loss of relationships and/or loss of other aspects of life as a single mom.
- Assist with the creation of permanent logo design and creative image for the organization.
- Assist in the creation and production of a documentary covering single moms who care for a child with Trisomy 18.
- Create marketing materials such as banners, flyers, letterhead, program brochures and t-shirts.
- Create and manage a list of advocates, community partners, donors and sponsors.
- Draft press releases for distribution to media for upcoming events and initiatives.
- Manage website updates and support social media initiatives such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The ideal candidate has an excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, customer service, multi-tasking, and writing skills. A positive attitude is crucial. Applicant must be comfortable with working independent and a part of a team. Must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week and attend a one (1) hour weekly meeting. A technical aptitude is required, including knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Donor database management experience is a plus. For the self-motivated person, this position offers the opportunity to excel in an exciting environment while bringing creativity and new ideas to a growing advocacy and empowerment non-profit organization.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Position Title in the subject line of your e-mail in order to be considered by Monday, December 8, 2014. The position will start on January 5, 2015 and will conclude Friday, April 10, 2015.
The Esther Coalition of Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.